The Value of Establishing an NRG
- A recognized neighborhood has a clearer voice with which to advocate for its benefit.
- Neighborhood teams improve the communication between the city and its residents.
- Your neighborhood will have a clear, organized way to speak to city government with a guarantee you will be heard. You will have a tool for relating directly to both your elected city council and city service areas.
- You will connect with your neighbors, and develop opportunities to share viewpoints and resources.
Steps in starting an NRG
- Determine the boundaries of the neighborhood and create a neighborhood map.
- Develop a complete list of neighborhood residents (Don’t worry we will help you.)
- Discuss neighborhood issues, focusing on emergencies.
- Discuss goals, projects and concerns.
- Discuss strategies to achieve common goals.
- Identify current and potential leaders.
- Determine individual skills, talents and willingness to participate.
- Determine a convenient time and location for members to attend meetings.
- Determine how frequently members would like to meet.